This privacy statement aims to inform you about how Volkswagen AG, Berliner Ring 2, 38440 Wolfsburg, email@example.com, entered in the Commercial Register of the Local Court of Braunschweig under the number HRB 100484 (“Volkswagen AG”), processes your personal data when you use the Volkswagen Newsroom mobile app.
As a general principle, you may use the Volkswagen Newsroom App without telling us who you are. In this case, we will only receive the following log data automatically:
1. An anonymous cookie ID
2. An indication of the operating system and the web browser you are using as well as the screen resolution you have set
3. The date and time of your visit
4. The pages that you have visited on our site
In the absence of any indication to the contrary in the following sections, all data is processed exclusively by Volkswagen AG.
We use the log data/IP address to ensure smooth and stable delivery of the app (in accordance with Article 6(1) 1b of the GDPR). The data is stored for two months and then automatically deleted.
You are not required to log on in order to use the services provided by this app (see C. The individual services).
Under a data processing contract in accordance with Art. 28 of the GDPR, your personal data is processed by an external processor. Your personal data will only be transmitted if you have agreed to this or we are required to disclose your data under statutory requirements and/or an administrative or judicial order.
The following services can be used in the app:
• The app features stores and news
• Stories, news and quotes can be read and, if desired, shared (by e-mail, optionally also via social media)
• Download function for royalty-free texts and images
• The app shows the Twitter feed of Volkswagen AG and the Volkswagen brands Users can share these tweets via their smart phone browsers or Twitter account.
• Public events can be seen in an event calendar.
• In the case of non-public events, invitations are sent out via Volkswagen AG’s invitation management system and include an access code to obtain information on the event and a QR entry code via the app. The invitation management system is not part of the app.
• The Contacts area can be used to see who the contact persons are at the Communications division at Volkswagen AG and the brands.
• The app enables you to receive push notifications for different categories, such as when new stories, news or events are available in the app. Push technology, or “Server Push,” is a type of communication by which data is transmitted even though the app receiving these data is only active in the background. You can configure this service in the Settings app of your smartphone operating system and activate/deactivate push notifications. In order to send you notifications, a push token from your mobile end device must be stored by Volkswagen.
The app may be used free of charge. It does not have any integrated payment service.
You may assert the following rights against Volkswagen AG free of charge at any time. Further information on how to exercise your rights can be found in Section F.
Right to request information: You have the right to obtain information from us on how your personal data is processed.
Right to have data corrected: You may ask us to correct any errors or omissions in your personal data.
Right to have data erased: You may ask us to erase your data if the conditions specified in Art. 17 of the GDPR are satisfied. For example, you may ask us to erase your data if it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected. In addition, you may ask us to erase your data if we process it on the basis of your consent and you revoke this consent.
Right to have processing restricted: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your data if the conditions specified in Art. 18 of the GDPR are satisfied. This is the case, for example, if you dispute the accuracy of your data. You can then ask for the processing of your data to be restricted pending the verification of the data.
Right to object:
If the data is processed on the basis of an overriding interest or for direct advertising purposes, you may object to your data being processed. An objection is admissible if processing is either in the public interest or is necessary in the exercise of official authority or on the basis of a legitimate interest on the part of Volkswagen AG or a third party. If you wish to object to the processing of your data, please let us know the reasons for your objection. In addition, you may object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes. This also applies to profiling as far as it is related to direct advertising.
Right to data portability: If data is processed on the basis of consent or in the performance of a contract using an automated procedure, you may ask to receive your data in a structured, standard and machine-readable format and transmit it to another data processor.
Right of revocation: If your data is processed on the basis of consent that we have received from you, you may revoke this consent to having your data processed with effect for the future at any time free of charge by going to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact data given in the Legal Notice.
Right of complaint: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority (e.g. the State Data Protection Commissioner of the State of Lower Saxony) concerning the way in which we process your data.
You can use the contact data on https://datenschutz.volkswagen.de to exercise your rights and to obtain further information.
Our Data Protection Officer is available to you for any matters relating to data protection. Data Protection Officer of Volkswagen AG
Berliner Ring 2, 38440 Wolfsburg
Last revised: January 2019